Whoo, wow. Had a revelation while walking to lunch today. Man, I feel a lot better about life on the whole.
          I keep forgetting things. I'm discovering that I'm actually a fairly dramatic person - which is entirely unfortunate, but I'm learning to curb that, so it's all good. Be chill. Relax. It's been my mantra for the past few days. Remember? I have to keep reminding myself: I believe firmly in the roll-with-the-punches approach toward life. Yeah. That's right.
          In other news, this Friday kicks off Scholarship Weekend - lots of prospies (prospective students) running around. My roommate and I will be hosting a couple. Should be good.
          Friday night is Blindspot, and it'll be in the Dows (the main stage) as opposed to being in the Mills (the black box theatre) as usually happens. Mostly this is because prospy weekend Blindspots are always packed.
          My roommate(whom I've now dubbed P-Rizz, much to her dismay) and I will be playing my Valentine's Day song (see previous post). Hopefully it'll go over well. I'm excited.
          This post has been pretty mundane, a straight up account of recent events. Sorry about that. It's been one of those days.
          I've recently rediscovered my love of the word "troglodyte" - that is, "cave-dweller." Oh, man. I'm adding that to the brief list of things I want to say to people sometime in my life.
          If grabbed by a stranger - "Kindly unhand me, sir!"
          To a local coffeeshop barista - "The usual, Jeff" (provided his name is Jeff) and have him know what I'm talking about.
          and now ...
          If confronted by an ignorant hack - "Educate yourself, you troglodyte!"
          I have simple dreams, okay?
          There's a lot going on, and not much at all, too. All at once. It's been hard to focus lately. Concentrating on concentrating.
          I'm falling behind in some of my responsibilities, and completely on top of others. I'm late to a lot of my shifts in the Writing Center, skipping a few more classes than is normal for me to do, but I'm also more involved in the paper, in organizations, in some of my classes.
          I should probably stop writing.
          I'll leave off on something someone else could conceivably care about:
          It snowed today, and it was that classic, storybook kind of snowfall. For once, it wasn't windy, and the flakes fell slowly and vertically. I could look ahead and see the millions of white fluffs falling without having them blow into my eyes. The flakes landed weightlessly on my hair and coat, and I'd look down and see these perfect, six-sided crystals, white against the bright red of my scarf, melting under the warmth of my breath.
2 comments:
I am proud to say that I have been able to say "the usual" at a restaurant before, and they knew what I was talking about. It was pretty sweet.
Becky
I, too, have had a "usual" before. I remember walking in one night with my dad and not even having to say it-- the barista walked up, "The usual, Micah?" and I smiled like I was a little girl who'd just gotten a pony.
Post a Comment