Let's see. Work continues being ... worklike. I have learned several valuable lessons, such as "Be nice to retail workers because oftentimes whatever you're pissed about isn't their fault," and "Don't have kids until you're really sure you're not just romanticizing the idea of children and realize that they're mostly loud, sticky, and exhausting," and "People are stingy." I've been trying to not succumb to dread every time I go to work, but - it's kind of a losing battle.
          Today I sewed a duvet cover for, surprise surprise, the duvet my parents bought me for graduation. Yes, I was heartily excited to receive a down-alternative duvet. Shut up. I think it turned out pretty well. In a deviation from my usual style of sewing, I actually made sure I was sewing straight lines and even ironed the seams. That means I meant business.
          The job search is still slow, although I've applied for a few positions through Americorps, mostly for something to do. I'm still hunting for publishing internships. My father has given me a few talks (i.e. lectures trying to be informal) about Finding My Direction and Practicing Discernment.
          I am wildly excited for the upcoming week, because I get to see Becky and her new apartment and Nick is coming into town! Nice.
          In other news, I have been craving orange juice like whoa lately. I think I must be having a vitamin C or citric acid deficiency at the moment. I've had two glasses in the last ten minutes and I still want more. Weird.
          And, oh, hey - quite a ways back, Becky and I had an adventure in baking and decided to invent a tasty dessert. We came up with miniature, chocolate-ganache-filled fortune cookies. The tiny fortune cookies (about an inch across once formed) were very painful to fold, as it had to be done right after they were taken out of a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven, but they turned out quite delicious. And strangely adorable. As you can see for yourself:
          I'm going to go pour myself another glass of orange juice. At eleven o'clock at night. Normal.
1 comment:
Mmm! Delicious!
Post a Comment