Searching for jobs via electronic means sucks. I've been trawling job sites; though I've found a lot of job listings I probably would never have found on my own, I've had the devil of a time trying to establish contact with anyone real. I keep hitting virtual walls; there's no sweet talking a hard drive. I can't tell if anyone's reading my cover letters, or if an algorithm is just browsing for the right keywords. It'll be easier (I hope!) to find work once I'm in Denver, shaking hands and conversing with prospective employers.
I had more to write about, but four solid hours of online job-hunting has reduced my brain to something about as useful as a sugarbeet. I mean, something as useful for cognition as a sugarbeet - I'm sure a sugarbeet is useful in terms of, I don't know, satisfying hunger and being a source of glucose. My brain is not useful right now, is what I'm saying.
Okay. Bedtime.
2 comments:
Hey, I have an awesome formula that I've used to network.
1. search for people working in (insert city) on LinkedIn in Phi Beta Kappa
2. send them a message (I have a script if you want it)
3. respond to the response they send you with more thoughtful questions
4. ask to connect with them
I've gotten great responses and advice and have NEVER been turned down. ^_^
Gimme script! Please?
:) See? This is why I need you in my life. You're so organized and practical.
And, you know, awesome.
When are we gonna hang out?
Post a Comment