So Nick just returned to school for his last year of undergraduate education. It's a bummer, but I don't begrudge it of him at all - senior year was a blast. And we'll manage. It won't be fun, or easy. But we've done it before, and we can handle it now. It's part of that whole Some Things Are Worth Any Amount of Heartache thing.
I almost feel like this will motivate me to really get going on the Being a Functioning Adult thing. I need to get an apartment; some of my best friends are coming to visit in October! I have three big projects lined up with the webdesign company. That should help. I'm having trouble being motivated to write, though. Well, that's not really it. I want to write, but I can't seem to get into the rhythm of it. I can't put together words with the same panache and ease as I did before. I'm in one of my writerly ruts, I guess.
In other news, two friends of mine from IL moved out here. We spent a weekend driving around the mountains. It was nice to actually take advantage of the nearness of the mountains. It's really beautiful up there. After walking around carrying a picnic basket for ten minutes, you're gasping and out of breath, but you're rewarded with the stunning views, the knowledge that you're standing on geography older than you, older than anything created by humans (including other humans).
In unrelated, unfortunate news, I think my car just broke down. It's not the battery - it turns on, but the engine won't turn over. Uh oh. My health insurance also runs out at the end of the month.
Man. I don't wanna deal with all this grown up shit. It's a raw deal.
At least there's apple cider in the store now - that means it's almost fall! I gotta start my Christmas shopping (with all the money I don't have ... )!
I don't have a good way to end this post. Sorry. Like I said, my writing skills must be a bit rusty.
No comments:
Post a Comment