On the rare occasions I can be bothered to make breakfast these days, I do now eat eggs (scrambled). Cereal is sometimes taken with milk, sometimes still eaten dry (old habits die hard). Toast and jam makes infrequent appearances. Bagels have moved from the realm of midday closer to the morn. Oatmeal is a common contender. Breakfast is always accompanied by a glass of orange juice (with a splash of cranberry juice if it's available).
          But, admittedly, I sometimes still eat soup for breakfast.
          After breakfast, a troupe of my floormates and I attacked a stack of cardboard boxes (the detritus of moving in), armed with box cutters, masking tape, and a thirst for the absurd. We built a rocket ship, complete with portholes (paned with old CD case lids), cockpit, nose cone, and booster engine, and christened it - thanks to an old citrus fruit box - the Darling Clementine.
          It'll be an ongoing project for the next few weeks - we plan on continuing to embellish it. Something involving paint and glitter.
          I used my new vintage camera to document the process. Trying it out. Once I get the photos developed, I'll post them here.
          Here's the camera:

          I think it was a camera that LIFE magazine gave away when you took out a subscription, but I can't be sure. There is almost no information on it anywhere online. Even Wikipedia failed me. It reminds me of a Holga. I don't think it has the same lomographic qualities, but I hope it has a few novel flaws. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment