Monday, 23 June 2008

No, not the lifestyle.

          So - despite my goals and ambitions and plans - I remain an exceptionally awkward person. But I'm learning (slowly) to get over it. One step at a time. (Note to self: continue to pursue crash course in kissing without alloy or obligation.)
          So, the next step: learn to articulate my thoughts in an orderly manner while under pressure, instead of letting silences stretch uncomfortably long or muttering incoherent sentence fragments.

          I should write a book. How to Assuage Awkward Encounters and Be Socially Adept.
          Sounds like a winning title, no? Too bad I'm not much of an authority on the subject. But then again, when has that ever stopped anyone from publishing a runaway bestseller? Everyone loves a trendy self-help book. Nobody really cares if it works or not. It's the effort that counts, right?


          Let me finish by saying that I'm in love with the weather. The sun, wind, the empty sky are indescribably lovely, indescribably welcome, after the weeks - what seemed like a lifetime - of rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leta, did you know that you're my favorite person? Because you are. May I ask what inspired this post?

Becky

jenna said...

love the comic. dinosaur rock goddess. have fun in spring green!

Post a Comment