Sunday, 10 October 2010

I made an egg salad sandwich for lunch. I'm in my pajamas. I think this exemplifies the ideal Sunday.

Gratuitous baby niece photo, as requested :)

And another one.

So.  Here's what I've been up to (here's up to which I've been):
  • I successfully made tiramisu (marscarpone is ridiculously expensive).
  • I'm employed (only part-time and seasonally)!  They pay isn't too bad, so it should make up for the meager hours.
  • I'm lined up for more regular contract work with the wedding-photographer/web-designer, which is great, although I'm expected to read a lot of local wedding magazines.  The goal is to try to get articles or features published, or to contact local vendors.  I think the secret goal is actually to make me girly and crazy.  It's like being forced to watch chick flicks every day.
  • My aunt is in town visiting her grandchildren.  It's been really fun hanging out with her.

       What else.  I dunno.  I'm excited to work; it'll be nice having some structure to my day.  The manager who hired me, I suspect, was flirting with me during the interview.  Is it morally reprehensible to take advantage of the fact in order to get the job?  Probably.  But now I'm employed, which is a good thing.  Hooray, I get to make student loan payments!
       I probably can't get an apartment on seasonal work pay, which is a bit of a bummer.  I didn't mean to be a mooch for this long.
       There's probably more I should be writing, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

       It's fall!  That's something post-worthy.  It's deliciously grey and chilly out - one of those read-in-bed kind of days.  I think I'm going to get apple cider today.  Maybe I'll make soup in the crock pot.

2 comments:

jenna said...

babybabybaby

i want a baby visit!

congrats on the job! h & d is good stuff, and now you know you'll never starve. the wedding gig sounds pretty fun. have you heard of this site: http://apracticalwedding.com/

don't tell anyone, but i love reading it just for fun.

jenna said...

ps: i've been OBSESSED with tuna salad sandwiches lately. kind of gross, but totally delicious

Post a Comment