So I'm making a living as a writer these days! The web design company for which I've been doing projects decided to up my hours, so it's more like a real job now. As in, I'm getting a company email address soon! Exciting. My latest project with them has been writing up the on-page copy for a farm equipment dealer in New Mexico. I now know more about farm- and construction- machinery than I ever wanted.
But it's a good gig. I work from home, so I can get away with wearing old t-shirts and jeans. Awesome.
I spent a lot of time with Nick over his winter break (I still miss the regular, lengthy holidays of school). We went to the science museum and participated in an experiment attempting to find correlations between the ability to taste a bitter compound and regional background/body metrics. Interesting.
The whole long-distance relationship thing is a drag. I mean, worth it. But can we get to the no-distance relationship part, please? I'd like to actually be able to hang out with my awesome bf.
My apartment now has furniture. I'm still missing chairs for the table, but there's a couch, a real bed, and a desk. I also have an electric keyboard (pretty poor quality, but I got it free, so I can't complain) and a stand mixer! My oven insists on setting off my CO detector, so I've opted out of using it until the weather improves so it won't suck to have all my windows open and fans running.
My car broke down - the transmission is totally shot. So I'm exploring Denver's bus system. It's not too bad, but if you miss one bus, you're gonna be waiting upwards of a half hour for the next one. It's enough to make me appreciate the El.
The seasonal job at Harry and David is over. We broke down the store, which didn't take very long since we sold all of our inventory. It was crazy. People are insane when it comes to sales and holiday specials and clearances. I'm glad it's over.
(sorry to be so straightforward and uninteresting - writing about tractors for eight hours today has drained me of creativity.)
No comments:
Post a Comment