Sunday, 17 April 2011

I'm having trouble carrying a thought out for more than a few sentences.

It was strange going back to work after Becky returned home to Chicago.  However, I've since been resolved to get out of the house more.  There's so many cool things to do nearby - I need to experience more of them.

Probably one that I don't need to experience more of is Casa Bonita, which is supposedly a restaurant but more likely, as one disenchanted employee put it, the lovechild of DisneyLand and Tijuana.
Yes, those are fake rocks.  Yes, that's a fake waterfall.  Yes, those are fake palm trees.  Yes, that's a fake thatched gazebo.  Yes, that's a real fake-cliff diver.  Ladies and gentlemen: Casa Bonita.


I'm going to volunteer at the science museum - most of the commitments are only for a few hours a week, and since my work schedule is flexible, I can easily do both.  It'll be nice to be able to have a job (of sorts) that lets me get out and talk to people, face to face.  There's a wombat that got depressed because he wasn't getting enough cuddles - I think maybe I get depressed when I don't get enough conversation, or interaction, or whatever.

I want to get a dog.

I think I'll spend my Sunday working out (to some sweet go-go dance routines Becky taught me) and making a felt rug based on this tutorial.  Maybe I'll spend some time trying to write, too.  That's another reason to get out there and mix with humanity - I haven't felt very creative lately, and I think that might be why.  I've been spending too much time in my own head.

It's so nice to finally have good weather.  I don't even mind when it gets dreary and drizzly.  That's just spring.  I think I'll take a walk around the park today.

Oooh, I just remembered I bought knock-off-brand AppleJacks.  Hello, breakfast.

Hey - what book should I read next?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Read Machine of Death! Then we can read it together. I'm about to start it. I'm glad you're volunteering at the Science museum! That will be fun. Also...I miss you.

jenna said...

Casa Bonita! I want to gooooooooo!

Post a Comment