Thursday, 4 August 2011

Duh.

A major reason I haven't been updating this blog is because I'm almost constantly signed into another google account than the one I use for this blog, thus preventing me from posting until the late hours of the day, when I'm far too tired to be bothered to write anything of note.

However, I just now stopped being an idiot and added my other account as an author.  Technology!  We have that now!

So here I am.  I'll try to write more often.



I went to the Renaissance Festival up in Larkspur a few weeks ago.  It was quite excellent - lots of delicious food, great people watching, and beautiful weather.



My mom and grandma came up to visit me last week, which was quite fun.  I took a few days off work and we adventured to the 16th Street Mall, the Tattered Cover, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, and the Vine Street Pub.  My gma loved Nick, and told us to visit her in Arizona asap.

My mom and I went shopping, and I'm a lot closer to living like a real grown up now - I have an actual toaster oven and chairs for my kitchen table.  And a vacuum.  And a stepladder, so I can finally start using the top shelves of my cupboards.



I finally (finally!) booked a ticket to Chicago to visit my friends in October.  It's weird to think I've lived in Colorado for over a year.  I love it here.  It's pretty much the ideal city for me.  Laid back, not too stressful, just enough indie-folky stuff to do, not too hipster (except a few areas), not too stuffy.

But I can't wait to get back there.  I guess our old stomping grounds, the Gurnee Borders, is no longer around, which is tragic but not unexpected.  Another end of an era, just like seeing the last Harry Potter movie.  But it'll be so good to see everyone.


Okay.  Back to work.

1 comment:

jenna said...

how about a flight to nyc, hm? hm?

Post a Comment