Today, Fenn and I attempted to fly a kite.
          It sort of failed.
          But that's okay, because it felt like spring today. I could smell the chlorophyll coming back. It's magnificent - what makes the air smell like spring, more than just the warmth and the damp earth. It's those faint traces of green and fresh-made oxygen seeping into the atmosphere that you can taste.
          Tomorrow is the vernal equinox. Eggs, apparently, can stand on their ends regardless of the earth's relative position to the sun, and the weather is unlikely to care if we start saying it's springtime, but it's still nice to know that, for another three months, the days are only going to get longer.
          I stepped outside last evening around seven and I was startled to find it still light out. Delighted, actually. My friend commented that he'd seen flies the other day, and was happy about it. "And I hate flies," he added. "But I was like, 'Woohoo, life!'"
          Woohoo, life, indeed.
3 comments:
You, and your kites, are cute. And should come home and snuggle with me.
Well, maybe not so much the kites. They're kind of pointy and sticky-outy and would poke us a lot. But we should cuddle. For sure. White couch, ahoy.
Love love la-love love love.
Molly
spring!
becky
sticky?
Post a Comment