So a night of good rest helps to put things in perspective.
          Today, I smuggled six apples (two each of red delicious, golden delicious, and granny smith) and an orange out of the cafeteria. Actually, I'm fairly certain that no one would have noticed or cared. But it made me feel stealthy and satisfyingly covert.
          Yesterday, a group of six of my friends and myself went to a park and picnicked, complete with crackers, cheese, focaccia bread, and wine. It was classy. Sort of. The brie sat on its own plastic wrapper, our crackers were in their cardboard boxes instead of arrayed nicely on a plate, I pulled out the cork of the wine with an eye-hook and carabiner (we forgot to bring a corkscrew), and we drank it out of assorted plastic cups. But the effort was there.
          The weather was a bit chill, but still sunny and windy enough that my kite pulled its spool of string out to the end. We took a walk around the park, where we inspected a creek and climbed a tree. It was muddy.
          In all, it was an afternoon very well spent. We decided that it needs to happen again.
          I'm attempting to write something for the Young Essay Prize contest, but it's due Wednesday, and I have a sentence and a working title written. The sentence is: "I know this is strange." And the working title is: "The anatomy of sorrow."
          I have the feeling that I'm not winning any prizes with this one this year. Oh, well. That's okay. I've been scouring my blogs and journals, trying to come up with something interesting to turn into an essay. So far, nothing's jumped out at me.
          Random thought of the week: I want to be in an indie band called The Still Sound. It would involve tambourine, piano, melodica, clapping, whistling, and possibly David-Bowie-esque synthesizer. So not really "still" at all. Hm. Maybe a name like The Neverstills would be more fitting. Oooh, further paradox - "still," like "in the present as in the past," adverb style. (Grammar nerd, I know, I know.)
          How have I gone through life having never been in a garage/basement band?
2 comments:
I like "The Neverstills" better, actually. And I definitely think a David Bowie synthesizer is necessary.
Becky
The Neverstills is way cute. And, you know, I think the closest that any of us ever came to being in a precious little indie band was when we would play music with Cassidy...we should do that again.
I love/miss you.
Molly
Post a Comment