Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Actually

          Woke up in an ass-kicking mood. Hopefully I'll finish my papers soon.


          I've been suddenly struck with the realization that several of my friends are leaving.
          Seriously leaving.
          This is the first year where real friends of mine are graduating and moving on. People I've actually spent time with, laughed with, cared about, shared a history. These are my friends. I don't think I'll really see them again. There's actually pain in my chest when I think about it, this sort of hollow, this weight, pressing just behind my sternum, or where my collarbones meet. These are the last days I have with them. It's ... heartbreaking, actually.
          So strange to think of this as the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I love you. Don't be too sad. I'm sure you'll be able to see them again, just not as often as you'd like. Please come home to me! Or I'll just come to Iowa. Or some shit. I love you like a madwoman.

White couch?
Molly

Anonymous said...

It is sad, but it is something we all must go through, unfortunately. And you'll still be able to keep in touch with them. Everything will turn out ok.

Becky

Post a Comment