Tuesday, 15 April 2008

"I believe ... I'll have anoth'r"

          There are people having really awkward sounding sex in the building somewhere below my room. I'm torn between amusement and exasperation.
          Today was Flunk Day - that school sanctioned, impromptu holiday hallmarked by 12+ hours of inebriation, camaraderie, and really bad choices.
          A friend of mine grew a backbone and has lived to tell the tale (with a smile on her face, no less).
          I went on the lam.
          I also discovered a wonderful drink (raspberry-cranberry juice, vanilla liqueur, and club soda).
          Another friend set a personal make-out record.
          The weather was lovely for it, although a lot of my friends were sunburned.
          I was given a press pass from the newspaper and a digital SLR to play with in order to document Flunk Day.
          An old friend and I played Scrabble to distract ourselves from our sobriety.

          It was a good day in all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I wish my school had flunk day.

Becky

Anonymous said...

Hey you. Yeah, you.

Stop making me miss you so much. Seriously, summer ahoy. I'm going to come see you and it will be grand.

Love love la-love love.

Molly

jenna said...

You should get a camera - your facebook pictures are good.

Post a Comment