- Brainstorming a novel with Becky. It has promise.
          - Working. I like it less than I'd hoped I would. But it's a paycheck.
          - Getting used to having a dog again. It's wonderful and frustrating by turns.
          - Getting bit by mosquitoes.
          - Being lonely, in a constant background kind of way, like a mild but insistent headache that can't be ignored. I miss him.
          - Sleeping poorly.
          - Reading a lot, which I realize I haven't done in a long time. I've missed it.
          - Driving on my own. Finally. It's liberating, and is going a long way toward helping me feel more capable of existing as an adult.
          It's good to have this small buffer period between college life and grown up life, I guess. And it's really good to spend time with my friends. God, I've laughed so hard with them. It's been great.
          But I'm feeling more and more this sense of disconnection. It's not a readiness to go somewhere else, though. It's just a sense that ... I don't know, that this place isn't mine anymore? Maybe it's more that my life no longer happens here. I'm not sure where it's supposed to happen - but wherever that is, it isn't here. This is familiar; it's like that sensation of homelessness you get during college. But now there isn't college to go back to.
          I feel a little anchorless.
          College is no preparation for being a functional human being. It just gives you a false sense of security.
          Guess I'm being a bit of a downer today.
1 comment:
You are not a downer. You just think too much. :)
Lobe.
Post a Comment