"Hey, Leta - so, you see those customers who just came in?"
          "Yeah?"
          "You're going to do their shoot."
          "Am - am I going to be on my own? Is there going to be anyone else in the studio with me? In case I screw up?"
          "Sort of. Well, no. Well, not really. No."
          " ... Ohh."
          "Okay?"
          "Sure. Yeah. Um. I mean - "
          "Great. Go set up the room."
          After four days of training (for the most part only on corporate policies - I can tell you all about anti-discrimination laws), I did my first session with actual customers. I took photos of two kids, ages three and five.
          It went well enough - my manager helped me plan the poses, the kids were cute (the little girl kept up end to end "cheeeeese"s, hardly stopping for breath, the whole time I had the lens pointed at her) and the parents helpful - but my hands were shaking by the time I finished. Nerves.
          It was ... kind of fun, admittedly. But also very, very nerve-wracking. There's so much to keep track of, a lot of things to do, all in a very brief amount of time. In studio photography, I've learned that speed and efficiency (neither of which I do particularly well) are key.
          But it was a good, if stressful, experience. I think I'm getting the hang of things.
1 comment:
I would be interested to see you do your job at some point. I think you would be quite good.
Post a Comment