My brothers and my sister-in-law came to visit on the second, which was fun. We went to the Botanical Gardens on Friday and were giddy at these:
It's a giant onion (allium giganteum, believe it or not - I love scientific names that don't sound very scientific). They're like Dr Seuss flowers! Seriously, why do these exist? It's awesome.          I spent the actual Independence Day festivities out on a boat in semi-rainy weather with Becky and Molly and their parents. Lakes are neat. As are swallows, algae, and the occasional large fish. It was good to not have any obligations for the day. And, of course, I enjoyed the fireworks (whilst wearing a hoodie ... it was actually kind of nice; there were fewer mosquitoes). Every year while watching the display, I have the strong and unlikely urge to learn how to make fireworks. I can't get enough of that glitter and crash.
          Three days until I see my baby! When I think about it, I get so excited I start to stutter. The words get all jumbled up.
          Tomorrow: no work! Spending the day doing laundry, updating my iPod, and starting to pack (!). Very good.
2 comments:
Those flowers are awesome. True fact. Glad to spend the 4th with you. It's a good thing I'm going to be in New York at the same time you're going to be in Colorado, or else I'd be sad and bored. But mostly sad. Or maybe equally bored. I don't know. Love!
Nice photo - did you get a new camera?
Post a Comment