Friday, 18 December 2009

What ho, fine gents and ladies!

          Okay, so I know it's been, like, forever since I've updated. The longer I put it off, the more I have to cover, which makes me put it off more ...
          Well, anyway. Here I am now.
          The job has been going quite swimmingly. I haven't been bitten or barfed on yet, both of which I've witnessed. I've taken a bunch of X-rays, which is neat.
          Nick points out to me how old I am, because I go to bed at nine-thirty and refer to my coworkers as "the ladies at the office." It's true. I'm about eighty-two years old. But I'm getting regular hours and better pay than the photography job, so that's okay!
          I'm also working on writing up a training manual for dental assistants, which is weird, as I'm not fully trained. But I'm getting extra pay for that, and it's more in line with the whole collegiate writing degree ....

          Have I mentioned yet that I'm going to be an aunt? So that's super neato. I'm actually really excited. I found a CD called Rockabye Baby: Lullaby Renditions of Led Zeppelin. Um. Awesome! There are also AC/DC, Beatles, Beach Boys, and Queen versions out there, among others.
          It's like a whole new world out there.

          Also, it's a week until Christmas. What the hell? When did that happen?
          I did all my Christmas shopping in October and November. I was really into the holiday spirit for a while there, but it kind of wore off. Now I'm just surprised. But I'm getting more excited. For one, I found excellent gifts for people this year. Caroling is going to be fun with the original crew. And Becky and I are gonna see the Sherlock Holmes movie on Christmas day! Nice.

          There's a lot of changes going on. My parents are probably moving out of state pretty soon. I'm sticking around here, at least for a while, to finish out some projects at work. Hopefully I can move in with my neighbors down the street. There's no way I can afford an apartment on my own up here in suburbia.
          But I have to keep looking for a job (maybe in my field this time?) somewhere else.
          We'll see. I'm excited to strike out on my own. It's been fiscally smart living at home, saving up some money. But I'm tired of being a kid in her parents' house.
          Independence! Is what for I thirst.

          Also, you guys, I want to point out that I have the freaking best boyfriend ever.

          And here is a fun holiday comic for you!

2 comments:

jenna said...

Ahoy, thar!

Glad you're having fun with your job - it seems like you have a lot of excitement going on in your life.

How are things?

jenna said...

PS: Congrats to your brother on the upcoming bb!

Post a Comment