Got the job! I'm now a portrait studio photographer. Neat.
          It's amazing how quickly I start to revert when I'm home. It's not a process I can prevent, fight it how I may. It something about the air, maybe. Or the texture of the silence of suburban evenings. It brings out all the anxieties and irritabilities I thought I left behind when I went to college. My temper shortens a few yards when I've been home too long. Couldn't tell you why.
          I've also had to kill a bunch of spiders since being home, and I feel like I'm just accumulating bad spider-karma. I really don't want to wake up with a spider on my face again. That one time was more than enough.
          I think I might try to work out some of this aimless irascibility and restlessness by being productive and creative. I might sew something. Maybe I'll get around to making that quilt I've been putting off. Or some potholders for my (near-)future kitchen. I also have a pattern for boxer shorts which I'm tempted to try out.
          Or ... I guess maybe I should instead work on writing a cover letter for that one real-job application.
          Responsibility.
3 comments:
Color me jealous of your employment.
Also, I will give you the moneys if you sew me something neat.
Love.
Yeah, responsibility totally sucks. But be happy that you're employed. Because that's cool.
Yay!
Read your email.
Love,
Me.
Post a Comment