Movies I've seen recently:
      - June Bug
      - Iron Man
      - Prince Caspian, which was actually really good
Movies I plan on watching in the near future:
      - Clerks
      - Paris, je t'aime
      - Superbad
      - Bonnie and Clyde
      - Walk the Line
      - Atonement
      - No Country for Old Men
      - Across the Universe
      - Hancock
      - The Dark Knight
      - Indiana Jones! (The new one. I don't know how I forgot to list this one)
          I'm pretty movie illiterate. I tend to like most films I see - I guess I don't discern that much. A friend of mine comes up with criticism for every movie we watch. She tempers praise of a movie with something she felt was poorly executed, something that could have been better. And her criticisms are usually true. And there's probably validity in pointing it out. But sometimes I wish she could just enjoy a movie without dissecting it. Sometimes films are just good entertainment.
          I think my friend and roommate, Marie, and I are going to make a movie this summer. Write a script, shoot it, edit it on her Mac. Low key. Just something to occupy our time. It'll probably never been completed, but it's nice to have an undemanding project to work on.
4 comments:
I saw "I'm Not There" last night and it made me swoon. So, so good. Beautiful colors. Billy the Kid.
No Country for Old Men wasn't that great, in my opinion. Not as suspenseful as they made it out to be. Although the acting was awesome. Isn't June Bug sad? But good though. I really liked it. And you have to wait to watch Paris, Je t'aime until I get there, because I really want to see it too!!! By the way, am I your friend who criticizes movies too much. :-) It's ok if I am. I do have a tendency to do that. I can be a movie snob at times. Although I do get excited about ridiculous things...like the new Indiana Jones.
Love!
Becky
along with what becky said, i decree that if you don't add the new indiana jones film to your "to see soon" list, we will no longer be friends. also, if you want good old fashioned entertainment movies, i highly recommend the national treasure films, if you haven't already seen them. i'm a sucker for a good adventure.
I feel like a douche for saying it, because everyone and their mom loved it (except for my sister), but No Country for Old Men just wasn't that great. And neither was There Will Be Blood, now that I think of it. (I know you didn't mention it, but for some reason I associate those two movies.)
I hope you're doing well and I love you like crazy.
Molly
Post a Comment