Wednesday, 14 May 2008

The feel of things

          My laptop is hot. My left wrist is warmer than the rest of me. It's a strange sensation.

          I'm getting used to the quiet. It's nice, in a way. Sleep, once more, is no longer presenting a problem. The apartment is becoming natural - I'm getting the feel of it, committing it to muscle memory. Familiarizing myself with the distance to my room from the door. Learning where the light switches are. Figuring out how to bend so my hip doesn't crash into the corner of the counter when I navigate the kitchen. Remembering which direction the medicine cabinet opens.
          We still need to procure trash cans. The grocery bags currently doing the job aren't cutting it. Thankfully, we installed shower curtains pretty quickly. Ice cube trays would also be a useful addition. But we do have a toaster oven.


          I spent part of the evening in conversation. Topics covered:
              Nineties TV shows (Salute Your Shorts, Rocko's Modern
                Life, etc)
              Books turned movie, pros and cons
              Deep fried Hot Pockets
              High school anti-establishmentarianism
              The surreality of finishing the seventh Harry Potter book
          It was pretty great. How long has it been since I've sat and talked, just talked? Longer than I care to admit - that should probably change.

No comments:

Post a Comment