This semester, I'm taking a poetry workshop. I've so far produced a few pieces that aren't awful. The last time I seriously tried to write poetry was in ninth grade, and it was ... atrocious. We're talking Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul bad.
          But now - it's okay. They're actually things I don't think I'll be ashamed of in five years' time. Maybe I've just been exposed to better poetry since then.
          [sidenote: The hot chocolate I'm drinking right now tastes like soap. It's upsetting.]
          I've noticed, in the past year especially, that my writing has become way more pragmatic and slimmed down. Well, not in terms of word-length. But my language is less flowery. I hope.
          It's difficult to think that it's already the end of January. I feel like my months before graduation are slipping away from me. Better fill them up. Brimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment