I've been eating terrible food lately. Terrible in terms of nutrition and occasionally in terms of taste. I occasionally get into kicks like this - vending machines become sirens singing their irresistible songs of cholesterol and monosodium glutamate; I break down and drink pop instead of water or juice; I engulf loaves of bread. Oh, it's bad news, guys.
          What I'm really craving right now is something fresh from a garden, diced tomatoes, cucumber (and I don't even like cucumber), garlic, parsley, green onions, celery, mint, pieces of citrus fruits, frozen grapes, I don't know; I want the food to stand up and sparkle on the tongue. I want food that is best described with words like "refreshing" and "invigorating" and "detoxifying." Even some crushed ice would make me feel better.
          Too bad I have access to neither garden nor freezer.
          Oh, man! I want mango sorbet! Or fresh squeezed lemonade. Or a yogurt parfait with real fruit and no added sugar.
          I gotta stop. I'm making myself ravenous.
2 comments:
That sounds yummy. Everything in Beijing has MSG. There's nothing you can do.
Frozen grapes!!!
NOM NOM NOM
and lemonade!!!
Post a Comment