I'm impressed by how long my laptop has lasted. After four years, it's still going strong - still quick, still running. The F8 key and the close-bracket key have popped off, so it's starting to look a bit shabby, and it tends to overheat a bit, but it's a tank. I'll be sad when it finally does kick it.
          I'm feeling the pressure now. My immediate workload is doable - readings, papers, whatever. But the prospect of contacting businesses, turning in my final portfolio, catching up on Topics work - it's daunting. I'm still loathe to acknowledge how close we are to the end.
          But I have to finish soon. I want to get it all out of the way so I can spend those last weeks before graduation just being with my friends. I don't want to be harried and stressed for the end of my collegiate career.
          It's weird to look back at my time at Coe. To see how much time has passed, how much I've changed, how friendships have grown. I remember arriving here. I remember the excitement and the anticipation and the nerves. My first friendships. All the things I've done here.
          So much of who I am has been influenced by this place. Sometimes I stop and think about the astronomical chances that brought everyone here - how would my life have been different if Marie had gone to a different school? If I'd never met Patricia, or Heather, or Jenna? If I never knew Decker, or Nick? If I went my whole life never having been taught by Bob, or Drexler, or Gordon?
          I'm sure I would've had a good experience had I gone anywhere else - interesting people, enlightening professors, sure. But I'm glad I've had these experiences, met these people.
1 comment:
Sounds like you're handling the senior year thing pretty well. I'm thinking at this point that I'm going to take a 1-2 year brake before going to grad school. I can't take this anymore. For serious. I think I'll find a government grant to go to research in another country or something. Sounds like a plan.
Post a Comment