I'm an incredibly transparent individual.
          Doing laundry right now; I spilled some juice on my jeans and happened to have a full laundry basket, so it worked out. The only flaw in this is that I can't get any homework done when doing laundry - those weird time intervals throw me off. So now I've got another hour and twenty or so of doing nothing.
          I'm hoping that my mood (which is not currently completely pleasant) has mostly to do with the fact that dinner sucked, although who, I might ask, am I kidding. Transparent, like I said. But food is a big influence in my daily temperament.
          The cafeteria was closed (it's not good, but at least it has options), so I had to scrounge for something refrigerated over at the school's "market." I ended up getting a soggy and frankly gross wrap. It was unhappily filling, and when I got back, I learned that Fenn had cooked a dinner in the basement which included biscuits, fruit tart, and apple cinnamon pork chops.
          Dismay and rue.
          I've also been really wanting to cook, lately. I want to cook and bake. Unfortunately, I lack time and funds. But next weekend is the kickoff of Soup Club. Nice. We'll be making lentil soup, and I'm going to make a chilled champagne and strawberry bisque for dessert. It's gonna be unreal.
          Oh, man. I have the feeling that this week is going to be a tough one.
3 comments:
**Mental Hug** Does that help at all? I think this week's going to be a tough one for me as well, or at least the beginning of it will be. I have an oral presentation on Wednesday, a midterm on Thursday, a paper topic due on Tuesday, and have I started doing any of this? No. I was just in Greece for 10 days, so I couldn't have. And also, my parents are coming on Wednesday, so I can't really do much studying that night. Which means that I really have to do all of this tonight and tomorrow. Not to mention that we're having a Ricci Scholars meeting on either Tuesday or Wednesday, and I really feel as though I haven't gotten alot done. ::sigh:: Balancing school and travel is very difficult. But I feel like traveling is more important to me. I want to take full advantage of this semester and actually have a life for once. While still somehow managing to get good grades, of course. How did your thesis colloquium go?
dude, i feel you, crappy food puts me in the worst mood. i have this plan: we are cooking nonstop when you come home for break. i have already committed to making atl east 4 pies, so we should have a pie day. also i have invented a kickass recipe that i feel i need to share with you. five words: raspberry dark chocolate brownie ganache. yep.
<3 megggi
hi
Post a Comment