Friday, 3 October 2008

Ow Fucking Damn It (or, Leta is a Sissy)

          Last night, I put my retainers in for the first time in months.
          This was not a good idea.
          I took them out this morning to brush my teeth, and promptly spat out a lot of blood. I don't know where it came from. It was profoundly upsetting to spit into the sink, expecting only toothpaste foam, and to instead have it marbled with one's own lifeblood.
          Pain. Lots of pain. Normally I don't mind mouth-pain. But this is strangely unbearable. Ow. Oh, gross, I can feel my teeth shifting around in my skull right now.
          Sorry. I guess this is an intensely personal post in the distinctly un-interesting way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good lord! I haven't worn my retainers in at least two years...but seriously, I bet the blood is just coming from your gums. Teeth shifting will do that. It's like flossing for the first time in a long time. I promise you're ok. Take lots of aleve!!!

I love you.

Moo

Becky Robison said...

That sounds awful. I'm pretty sure that I haven't put in my retainers for...several years. And I think my teeth have stayed relatively straight. I think it's all lies that the orthodontists tell you to make more money. Or maybe not. :-) I'm just too lazy. Come to think of it, I don't really even know where my retainers are. Ah well. And thanks so much for the postcard!!! I finally got my mailbox key today (for whatever reason they forgot to give one to both me and my roommate, so we couldn't check our box until today). It made me so happy! I promise I'll send you a postcard soon. It just sucks because the Italian post is really inefficient, so I have to take them down to the Vatican to mail them. Lame. But I'll get there. Love!

Kyle said...

Have you ever blown your nose when it was bleeding and you didn't know it was bleeding?

I imagine it's a similar situation.

jenna said...

sucky.

thought of you when I saw this:

http://www.cantabpublishing.com/img/maskprint.jpg

Post a Comment