Thursday, 9 October 2008

Totally the hat. Seriously, without the hat, he's like eighty times sissier.

          Very few things in life beat hanging out and watching movies of the seventies, eighties, and nineties. This might be a slight exaggeration. But only slightly.
          In the past few weeks, I've watched Alien, Ghost Busters, Star Wars IV, Empire Records, and Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. The best part of watching old movies that everyone knows and loves is being able to talk during them, inserting jokes and things the characters should have said, having debates ("What do you think makes Indy - the leather coat, the whip, or the hat?" and "What are you talking about? Tom Selleck is totally the shit!"). It doesn't get much better.
          Except maybe when, last night, Fenn pulled out her long-lost and recently-found Toto album, and we danced to "Africa" at around midnight. That was pretty great.
          As of late, my life has been filled with really terrible, really awesome, really ridiculous things.
          I've also been getting more sleep than is usual, which has resulted in really cracked out dreams. For example, the other day, I had a terribly unsatisfying sex dream (who has bad sex dreams? Seriously, even my subconscious is letting me down) and then I gave birth to a cat. It was upsetting. Sort of hilarious. Sort of not.
          So - I've been having a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Becky Robison said...

To make you feel better about your dream: my roommate just told me that she had a dream last night that she was a lesbian, and that she lived with her lesbian lover in an entirely blue apartment. And then her lesbian lover and her had sex, but she doesn't actually know what lesbian sex is like since she's not actually a lesbian, so her dream became like a cheesy movie and panned away for the sex scene. And then she discovered that her lesbian lover had somehow intentionally gotten her pregnant, even though she didn't want to be pregnant. So she was fighting with her lover in an all-yellow bathroom, but they had friends over so she was trying to make it seem like they weren't fighting. And then she woke up. And remembered that she wasn't a lesbian, and also remembered that even if she were, her lesbian lover could not impregnate her. So yeah, you're not the only one having fucked up dreams. :-)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, the image of you giving birth to a cat is incredibly funny. Like, funnier-than-it-should-be funny.

Anyhow, I fuckin' miss you and love you.

Moo

Post a Comment