Tuesday, 25 November 2008

"the place in which one's domestic affections are centered"

          I'm home. It's great.
          There's my favorite meal in the slow cooker right now, and the whole house smells delicious. I'm watching So I Married an Axe Murderer and chilling on my couch. There is a fully stocked kitchen, and I am going to cook and bake like a fiend.
          It's so good to be home. I was strangely excited to see Borders, and even the mall, and the roller coasters outlined against the orange glow of the city. I was standing on the hardwood floor of my kitchen, and I realized how much I missed it. Weird, right? Growing up, my brother and I would slide around in our socks. I would stand with my hand on the counter and do ballet. I realized that I feel instantly more graceful when on hardwood floors. Go figure.

1 comment:

Becky Robison said...

That sounds super amazing. I really wish I could be home for Thanksgiving this year. Thanks to my visit to you in London last year, this will be the second year in a row that I've missed it. Well, I mean, we didn't really miss it last year, since we made our own meal. And the JFRC is having a traditional Thanksgiving meal tomorrow night for us. But I really want to ask my mom if maybe we can have turkey and stuffing again on Christmas, or something. I really want stuffing. No joke. :-) Love!

Post a Comment