In a strange mood today. Sort of discontented.
          I've been skipping most of my responsibilities today so I can catch up on writing stories. I earned my first unexcused absence today. I'm also not going to the two meetings I have tonight (one for which I'm paid to attend, the other in which I'm graded). But I really have to finish some stories. It suddenly struck me that there are three weeks of classes and finals left before winter break begins. Holy crap.
          My eyes are dry from looking at computer screens for hours on end today. Or maybe it's just winter and the lack of moisture in the air is sucking all vestiges of hydration from my body.
          I should just take a nap and then get up and work. Maybe I'm in a weird mood because I'm tired. I don't know. It's six-thirty and it looks and feels like it's closer to ten. I need to get a sunlamp. Fuck you, seasonal affective.
          In other news, I had a very strong desire today to quit school and open up a bakery that specializes in cupcakes. Because there aren't a ton of those around, it's not trendy at all. And I won't have massive amounts of student debt to pay off when I graduate. And I totally have the commercial-baking experience and business skills and financial savvy to pull it off.
          That's sarcasm. Right there. In case you missed it.
          Life would be so much easier if I could spend all my time making cupcakes. "I'm going to go buy sprinkles and frosting because it's my job." Man, life would be awesome.
3 comments:
In Asheville, North Carolina I came across a tiny corner shop downtown called "Cupcake Corner".
You can imagine my excitement.
I know, I'm freaking out about school too. Or rather, I'm trying to not freak out as best as I possibly can. I have one English paper due the 17th, another English paper due December 3rd, a History paper due sometime in the next few weeks but he hasn't given us an actual date (I hate that), and my Ricci paper for this semester and presentation of it is due in early December as well. And I'm going to Scotland for Thanksgiving break, so no work then. And I'm probably going to Venice the weekend after next. And I haven't seen half the things in Rome yet. Not just little things. I mean big things. Like the Sistine Chapel, for instance. Oh holy god. I don't even want to think about it. I feel your pain.
lets talk about teh bakery/cafe/usedbookstore/theatre/hostel im going to open. you can help be in charge of cupcakes. promise promise.
<3 meg
Post a Comment