I've gotta be suffering from that dreaded monthly hormonal imbalance to which women are prey. There's no way I would be this angsty were I in a normal state of mind.
          Although I am having an idiot day today, which might account for some of this negativity. A fucking moronic sort of day. Feeling stupid is a really great time, let me tell you.
          Should I go play some guitar to distract myself from my imbecility? Eh, probably a bad idea, given that most of the songs I can play are downers.
          But in slightly related, much happier news, I finally finished a song I've been working on for the past five months. The end kind of sucks; you can tell I just ran out of things to say. Well, whatever. It's finished! And I think it's decent. And that's really all that matters, since I'm not looking to be popular and make millions off it.
          Here's a funny story. At the hospital, physicians have five-digit account codes; they can give us the number and we can charge their drinks directly to the account, and the money gets taken off their balance automatically.
          So yesterday, one of the doctors ordered his usual, and went to sit down. I couldn't for the life of me remember his code, so I leaned over the counter and shouted (in front of two of my coworkers, three nurses, about eight random hospital employees, and maybe seven visitors) "Hey, can I get your number?"
          It didn't even occur to me that it sounded like a come on until he sort of stopped and looked at me with this carefully blank expression, and then said, "Which one?" I should add that he's about twenty years my senior.
          I love life. And by "love" I mean "am morbidly embarrassed by," and by "life" I mean "my oblivious awkwardness."
          Yeah, I know. I'm calling it awkward, despite my previous decision about that. But there are times when you just have to admit that things are what they are. And that was awkward. And also amusing. Now that I'm not immediately surrounded by several laughing people and face to face with said physician.
          Marie's reaction to above story: "You could be dating a doctor right now!"
          I love my friends.
          And by "love" and "friends," I do mean "love" and "friends."
2 comments:
hahaha that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. or at least it seems that way to me now. I need to sleep alot.
Love!
Becky
You should ask for his other number next time....
Post a Comment