Tuesday, 12 August 2008

The Perseids

          Decker drove Marie, Jack, and I away from the city last night. We found a dark stretch of road in a field and pulled off. It was a beautiful night, pretty mild. There were billions of crickets, the smell of grass, a cow mooing occasionally in the distance. It was unfortunately overcast, but there was a small patch of clear sky, so we pitched some blankets and lay out on the roof and hood of the car. We saw a few meteors, really bright and sudden and out of the corners of our eyes. But mostly we talked, sprawled out on the car, laughing out loud to the sky.
          After a while, a breeze picked up and it got chilly. We decided it was time to go to twenty-four hour Perkins. We got there around three in the morning and stuffed ourselves with eggs, potatoes, and sundry other breakfast foods.
          It was pretty much a perfect night.



          I'm making bread from scratch tonight. I love bread. Also, I bought scissors, which in my life is an exciting event.
          Note to self: hang up Christmas lights in room. Sew apron, pronto (I don't understand how everyone else at work makes it through the day coffee- and smoothie- and milk- stain free).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They make it through the day because they're not REAL baristas. It's kind of like Evan's principle that you're not actually cooking unless you're banging on shit...you're not really making exquisite coffee drinks unless you're making a mess of yourself.

I miss you, I love you.

Molly

Post a Comment