Sunday, 14 September 2008

I've recently rediscovered the joy of high fives.

          I'm being really irritating lately, in that I keep bringing up the fact that I desperately want to go bowling. I'm pretty sure if I mention it again, someone's gonna strangle me.
          But I just love bowling.
          I'm also craving Thai food.
          I've been having strangely mundane dreams. They've been so unremarkable that I've been mistaking them for reality. For example, I have this image lodged in my brain that one wall of the fifth floor mural was being painted over in an unenthusiastic yellow. I remember walking off the elevator, noticing it, being saddened and disappointed in a noncommittal sort of way, moving on without thinking too much about it.
          I checked today - the painted walls are still intact. I was relieved (I like those walls), but weirdly put off by the unexpected lack of change.
          I've also been having dreams about minor apocalypses, usually involving tornadoes or various other unidentified storms. I think this is worry manifesting itself in my unconscious.

          Okay, so this is really nineties, but I don't even care. High fives are awesome. Oh. Wow, I just remembered that the only video game I ever played as a child (ToeJam and Earl) involved high fiving (yes, I'm using it as a verb). You high fived each other and your life level was boosted.
          I think this happens in real life, too.
          If my life included regular high fives, sushi, Thai food, and bowling, ice skating, and apple picking outings, I think I could call it pretty perfect.
          I mean, probably not. But in theory ...

          Today, Marie taught me that there's a thing in the brain called the inferior olive. We have yet to determine whether or not there is a superior olive. I really hope there is.

3 comments:

jenna said...

wanna do thai next weekend?

(maybe some epic group bowling, too)

Anonymous said...

You are my superior olive.

Moo.

Becky Robison said...

*mental high five!* I hope that mental high fives are just as good.

Post a Comment