Wednesday, 3 September 2008

jumping the gun

          Sitting around in one's underwear is a really great time. Everything is more exciting.

          The weather is finally cooling off. A friend of mine was telling me that he saw a couple leaves drop off the trees yesterday. He was upset, but I was really happy. Fall is my favorite season, hands down. They all have their highlights and their lows, but come on.
          Apple picking. Cider. Crackling, fiery leaves. Leaf piles. That crisp snap in the air. Early morning frost. Jacket weather. Sweater weather. Scarf weather. Bright orange days and those chilly silver nights. You really can't beat it.
          Also - fall means Halloween (in Vegas this year, baby) and Thanksgiving (hello buckets of mashed potatoes, pounds of crescent rolls, vats of yams, years of arterial congestion, yeah!). And Thanksgiving means the official kickoff of the holiday season. In all honesty, I do love the crass commercialism of Christmas that America does so well.
          Oh, jeez, I love the holidays.
          And getting excited for things way in advance. That, too.


And here're a few more professor quotes:
          "People will go, 'Yeah, I'm like ecstatic, man.'"
          "We do have irrevocable moments in life."
          "I knew I never trusted Barbie. I looked at her in the store a couple times."
          "My college ex girlfriend invited me to her wedding. Bad idea. It made me terribly sad and tempted to do a bad thing."

2 comments:

meagan said...

I too love fall for all the reasons you mentioned. I have a large collection of scarves, more scarves than any one person should have. But I can't wait to start wearing them.

Here are some things you forgot:
- corn mazes

That's all I can think of for now.

And also, Drexler TOTALLY said that first quote, didn't he! I miss him.

Anonymous said...

I fully concur with all of your reasons for loving fall, and I'm adding another one to the list because I'm enjoying it right now: Starbucks welcomes the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. Fucking. Delicious.

I love you.

Moo

Post a Comment