Adverb Soup is now Brain or Shine. For an hour I felt like it was clever, so I changed it. And it maybe fits better, makes more sense as a blog title, than the old one? Maybe? In my mind, anyway. Adverb Soup doesn't really mean anything; at least this new one has a reference to both thought and weather, the only two things that crop up regularly in this blog.
          Or I'm inconstant and fickle, whatever.
          I haven't written any creative nonfiction in a while. I'm feeling the urge to do so.
          Been battling ennui, exhaustion, and pointlessness, in an unenthusiastic and rather unsuccessful way.
          I see my family in less than a week. This is both an exciting and a tiring thought. I don't think I want to face a bunch of relatives asking after my career ambitions and love life. Although I don't suppose that will happen much. After all, my brother is getting married. That small fact kind of subsumes most conversational topics. So maybe I'm being narcissistic in worrying.
          I do love weddings. Maybe it's counterintuitive, but I'm less of a cynic at weddings. Which is weird. I think I've watched too many chick flicks. I've been conditioned to be gooey and hopeful at weddings, regardless of rationale or real life.
          Now I feel kind of guilty, like I'm jinxing my brother. I do think that he and his fiancee will do well. They've been through a lot together. Tragedy. Boredom. Change. I think they'll be fine. Happy, even.
          I'm looking forward to wearing a sexy dress and getting drunk off of champagne in front of my family and dancing with my brother's irresponsible friends.
4 comments:
re: your comment
Of course I'm interested. And I'm intrigued by the new name... I feel that it has many possible interpretations.
You have no word, I'm sorry. Does that make you feel like your blog is less secure?
Hm.... well I have to admit, I'm most intrigued by the function of the conjunction. I get the pun, of course, but it's the "or" that interests me most. You either get brain OR you can have shine. So does that mean if I want shine, I can't have brain? And vice versa? Can't the two harmoniously live together, existing as one entity? And what does this say about freedom of choice? For instance, what if I want the soup AND the salad? What if I want the brain AND the shine.
I look forward to the day when all will be liberated.
That's all I got for now.
i dont know how i feel about the new blog title.
i'm being honest.
I don't know...I have to get used to "Brain or Shine." I think I liked "Adverb Soup" better. To me it correctly represented your not-too-overwhelming verbosity. Not that you necessarily used alot of adverbs or anything, but you do use alot of amazing words in general on your blog, and I felt like the name "Adverb Soup" kind of encompassed that somehow. It seemed literary, and to me your blog seems very literary. But it is your blog, and you can do with it what you will. I assure you I will continue to avidly read it. :-)
Post a Comment