Thursday, 18 September 2008

Lists (pointless, of small and passing interest)

Things I'm reading:
  • Birds of America. Lorrie Moore.
  • Cathedral. Raymond Carver.
  • The Tent. Margaret Atwood.
  • The Human Fly and other stories. T C Boyle.

Songs I've been listening to a lot lately:
  • We Never Change. Coldplay.
  • The Way We Get By. Spoon.
  • The Blower's Daughter. Damien Rice.
  • Vito's Ordination Song. Sufjan Stevens.
  • Come On Eileen. Dexy's Midnight Runners.
  • When the Night Feels My Song. Bedouin Soundclash.
  • Wild Horses. The Rolling Stones.
  • Magic in the Air. Badly Drawn Boy.
  • Season of the Shark. Yo La Tengo.
  • Sons & Daughters. The Decemberists.

Movies I've rented recently:
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
  • But I'm a Cheerleader.
  • Junebug.
  • Star Wars, the Empire Strikes Back.
  • The Royal Tennenbaums.
  • Legally Blonde.

Pleasant things in my future:
  • Going bowling (you can hit me if you want).
  • My brother's wedding.
  • Getting off campus for said wedding.
  • The new season of Heroes.
  • The kickoff of soup club with Ezra.
  • Buying fondue forks.
  • Crunchy leaves on the sidewalk on which to step.
  • There are probably more of these.

4 comments:

Becky Robison said...

Junebug is so good, but sad. And all of those in the last list sound like wonderful things to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

Also, the new season of HOUSE! YES!

I fucking miss you, seriously. What is with you living in a different state than me? I'm not ok with it.

I love you.

Moo

meagan said...

I read Who Will Save the Frog Hospital by Lorrie Moore and it was okay. I also recently found the most fantastic used bookstore in the universe. It's called the Frugal Muse and it's here in Madison... I bought two TC Boyle books (the most popular ones... Tortilla Curtain and World's End).

I also love Spoon but it's hard not to.

jenna said...

cute! you have to help me make an awesome header thing

Post a Comment