Friday, 19 December 2008

Precipitous

          Caroling was good. There was a culdesac full of people who ignored us - one man actually ran away from the window and hid. So that was disheartening, but the rest of the neighborhood was great. We collected a lot of canned goods to bring to the local food pantry.


          There are suddenly eight inches of snow on the ground, and it's still falling. The storm started sometime last night. This is the kind of morning I always wanted when I was a kid - the yard knee deep in whiteness, school cancelled, snow falling thick and fast.
          I'm relieved I don't have a car, or any place to go.
          I just want to put on nine layers of clothing and have a snowball fight.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm jealous. It's just been rainy here.

Also, I wish my blog was as sweet as yours. Yours is a fancy pants blog and mine is lame.

meagan said...

Hmmmm....my Blogger dashboard was supposed to be updating me on your posts but it stopped two months ago for some reason.... I thought you just stopped posting. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Post a Comment