Monday, 9 March 2009

All we're missing is McVities.

          We made a Londonesque dinner tonight. Well, it was one of the meals we frequently ate in London, but much better. I sauteed onions, garlic, and sundried tomatoes, which we mixed with a pesto sauce. We cooked some chicken in olive oil and spices, and served it all together with whole wheat rotini. We also had salad and sweet potato fries (which is a weird combination of foods, but it was tasty and true to the kind of meals we prepared while in London). We washed it down with Strongbow, also true to our experience abroad. Brittany and I also made truffles. Delicious.
          It felt really good to cook a real meal. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I've eaten so much food in the past three days. Ridiculous.
          I'll be sad to leave, but there's a part of me that's looking forward to some reclusive Leta time. It'll be good to spend a few days on my own, take it easy, re-center.
          It's supposed to thunderstorm tomorrow in all three cities from (and to) which I'll be traveling. Inconvenient. I do love thunderstorms, but not when I'm flying in a slim metal aircraft through them. Think good thoughts for me.
          I can't wait until it storms when I can relish it, breathe it in, have that weird stormlight on my skin, the electricity and coolness in my lungs, the restless breeze playing over my lips. Time and more.

1 comment:

Becky Robison said...

In Chicago, on Erie (and I think there's one on North Avenue near Second City too), they have a store called "Treasure Island." You can buy McVities at Treasure Island. Awesome.

Post a Comment