I'm visiting friends I made in London at their school in Ohio. It's been over a year since I've seen them, but it felt so comfortable being with them. It's so good to remember, tangibly, the time I spent abroad.
          Their school is beautiful; the weather right now is pleasant, warm with the taste of rain on the air. We were walking around last night, and it struck me that the school felt like summer camp. It was a weird feeling, but undeniable. I had this mix of nostalgia and apprehension and affection and youth and possibility. It was odd and also invigorating.
          Today, we're lazing around. It's the first time in a long time that I can remember not having to get up to do anything. I had silly dreams, which included a way to keep one's pet cat healthy while teaching it to be friendly at the same time. Awesome! I think we're going to get frozen custard today, or perhaps gelato. Who knows. I'm excited either way. It's been so good to see my friends! I spent nearly every day for three months with them.
          And the heart definitely grows fonder, not forgetful. How could I forget (yeah, yeah, so it's only been two days ... shut up) when everything reminds me of him?
          This pre-rain light is wonderful. It's cooling off, but it's still spring weather. A silver rain day. I can go for this.
1 comment:
Say hi to everyone for me!
Post a Comment