Thursday, 5 March 2009

Mind: officially boggled.

          The weather today: seventy-one degrees! Sunny! Slight breeze! I sat out on a blanket, reading a book with sunlight on my palms, while I grew some vitamin D. It's supposed to continue on through the weekend. It's like Christmas and the Fourth of July and Easter and Thanksgiving all rolled into one.
          Life has been incredibly sinusoidal as of late - wild ups and downs. But my happiness hasn't followed those trajectories. It's kept going up, vertical asymptote style. (Yeah, so sometimes I like math a lot.)
          I guess I'm pretty ridiculous. But he's pretty ridiculous, too. He is, too!
          Life! Everything! Breath, round, wind, frogs in the evening, the sound of trees, light, the feeling of damp earth under dry grass - a shoulder to rest my cheek on, a hand to hold, a smile on that mouth, the color of those eyes in the morning!
          Oh, give me more of that springtime air.

2 comments:

jenna said...

It's nice to see you so happy.

:)

Becky Robison said...

I am so jealous of your weather. It is still cold in Beijing. I don't think it's ever going to warm up. Ever. However, I am glad that you're happy. That is always a plus. Love!

Post a Comment