Wednesday, 23 July 2008

The honeymoon period

          Yeah ... so I get unnecessarily worked up over things sometimes. My first two days on the job have been great.
          Tuesday was a lot of information in one go. The afternoon got pretty busy, and I made a bunch of non-espresso drinks (I don't start training as a barista for a while). The smoothies, once blended, have a tendency to stick to the bottom of the blender around the blade, and then come sheeting out all at once. They splash a bit. And by a bit, I mean a lot. When I left work on Tuesday, my shirt was more smoothie stains than clean. There was even a bit of raspberry on the back of my shoulder. I have no idea how that got there. Today was slower, which was relaxing, but I caught myself almost missing those exploding smoothies. But I'm having a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry that your parents can't understand how fabulous all three of their children are, even though they haven't lived their lives exactly as they had hoped. That's just silly talk.

I love you, and your brothers, and you're all wonderful people.

And trust me, you're going to be far more successful than I am in the future. Find hope in that :)

I love you like crazy.

Molly

Anonymous said...

Yay for job!

Post a Comment