I made a dress from scratch tonight. It turned out pretty well, although I made a few mistakes and there are a few things I'd change if I attempted it again. It's a learning process. I feel pretty good about it.
          I was hoping to go to an archery range today. I have no idea if there are actually any in the area that don't require membership ... I guess I should do some research. I love archery. I used to spend hours at camp at the range. My wrist would be red and covered in welts, and my fingers would be bloody at the inside of my knuckles from the bowstring. Recurved bows were the best - I've used compound bows, but they feel too much like cheating. I don't need to kill anything. Hunting isn't the objective. I just like the feel of the bow and the pull of the string. It's a process.
          There's something perfect and ridiculous in accruing useless, obsolete skills.
          It's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. You know there's not much going on in your life when you get excited about a TV special a month before it starts. Whatever. Shark Week is bad ass.
          Right now, there's a show on how to avoid/survive shark attacks. Most of it is less than credible, but it's still fun to watch. Sharks are neat.
2 comments:
I hear you're supposed to punch 'em in the gills... the gills are like the crotch for sharks.
Yay dresses and archery and sharks! I really want to do archery as well. And I want to see your pretty dress!
Becky
Post a Comment