I went grocery shopping today! I picked up fresh produce (finally!) and a few other things, like a magnetic picture frame in the shape of a happy elephant in which to post important apartment notes and two sets of magnetic letters. The refrigerator is all colorful and interactive now!
          I love grocery shopping. Really. I'm an aisle browser. My mom tends to make beelines for specific items, sticks to the grocery list with militant fervor. But I learned from my dad. He likes to wander the store, see what's around. He tends to buy things just because they're on sale. My mom hates it. It's not really thrifty, but it's definitely more interesting. I love finding one unexpected item that evolves into an entire meal.
          I've heard someone say that going grocery shopping is a perfect date - you find out, she claims, a person's likes, dislikes, habits, lifestyle. There may be some merit to it, but personally, I find this theory a bit unpleasant - no one should feel self-conscious while at the supermarket.
          I've been watching too much television lately. I can feel my reserves of motivation and creativity drying up. Scanning these most recent posts, I see that what little writing I've accomplished has been ... a bit lackluster.
          I'll try harder in the upcoming days. But not right now. Right now, House is on. Stop those erroneous diagnoses! It's Lupus! Come on!
3 comments:
Dude, I'm watching the Bachelorette. I love it.
I wish I could watch TV. We don't get it at the apartment, and I've watched all the TV shows on DVD that we have here. :-) It's ok though. You shouldn't feel too ashamed about copious TV watching. We all do it.
Love!
Becky
Woo hoo for letters!
You have a new blog? It is empty.
Post a Comment