What I want to do with my life:
          Open up a coffee shop/cafe/bakery. I've been saying this since high school, but really? I would love it. I would love to take on the challenge. I mean, look at what I love doing: cooking, baking, decorating. I like interacting with people. I like making lists. I can be organized when the mood strikes. Admittedly, paperwork and finances still freak me out, which is a bit of a problem, but they're problems that I want to overcome.
          This has the taste of yet another of my schemes that gets wildly built up in my brain, but fails to actually happen. I hope not. I can see myself doing this with my life. And I could still write, which is important.
          But seriously. How awesome would that be? There'd be coffee drinks, and uncoffee drinks, and baked goods, and soup, and sandwiches. I'd sell stuff made by local artists. I'd have local musicians play on weekends. I'd donate leftover food to shelters at the end of the day. There would be good CDs in the stereo at all times. I'd have a button maker and button making supplies (Create your own! $1 a button! 6 for $5!) set up in a corner. It'd be a place you bring a book to, or a laptop, or your knitting, or a conversation. It'd be full of bright colors and eclecticism and warmth.
          I guess I should look into taking some business courses.
3 comments:
Sounds like a place I would frequent. :-)
Becky
Please, please do this.
Moo
dude, this is basically my life plan. join us. join us in our quest for the best coffee shop/cafe/bakery/used book store/music venue ever. because i can think of nothing more awesome than having you do it with me
Post a Comment