Thursday, 17 July 2008

Pick me up

          There have been a handful of times in my life when food has been so good that I've been on the verge of tears.
          Tonight was one of those times.
          Fenn took a group of us out to dinner as a thank you for letting her crash with us so often. We went to a swank restaurant in town - we decided to dress up for the occasion (we were also celebrating a birthday) - and cut loose. We ordered an appetizer (calamari, bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms) and a bottle of wine (a pricey bottle of Bricco Riella Moscato D'Asti). While we waited for that to arrive, we had bread with olive oil and Parmesan.
          The special was salmon griglia - grilled salmon with a red pepper sauce, fresh vegetables, and garlic mashed potatoes. It was excellent.
          We ordered another bottle of wine and a slice of tiramisu. Um. We had really inappropriate reactions to that tiramisu. It was ... Well, I won't sully the experience by attempting to put words to it. Suffice it to say that it is possible to be wooed, courted, and seduced by food.
          I'm really full right now. Uncomfortably so, yet I'm nonetheless flooded with an implacable sense of happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeag, my mouth is watering now and im super jealous of you and yr delicious food...

Post a Comment